Friday, September 12, 2008

My stitching gal pals...

Thought I would take some pics of some of the talented gals I cross stitch with once a month. I've gone on one retreat with them at a B & B which was tons of fun...and hope to go on more. Mostly I remember laughing so much with them, it actually hurt!
These first two pics are the back room ladies where I sit....


These are the front room ladies. It's a great cross stitch store about 3 minutes from my house which is why you can see all the beautiful framed pieces as well as all the goodies to buy.

I was working on this little ornament from the JCS Halloween issue. This is the second one I've started. I love each one...can you guess which one this is?

Now, being our group meets in a cross stitch shop it really is hard to resist buying something, so being I needed some colors for some of the other ornaments, I of course had to buy some of these fall beauties to add to my stash....
And aren't these buttons just the coolest things....I have no idea what I'm going to use that orange pumpkin for, but I just could not resist buying it!!!
So needless to say our fun-filled evening ended till next time! Because we all enjoy stitching so much and can't wait to get together, we're going to meet again for a stitch-in at a nearby Panera Bread in a couple of weeks. I think we're officially addicted. If you live near me, come join us. Email me if you are interested and I'll give you the where's and when's...the more the merrier.

With that, I'll end here with some beautiful morning glories I found on the side of my house. I planted them last year and not being a plant expert, was excited when I found them growing like crazy again this year! (hey, I'm a stitcher not a gardener...what can I say!)


So, till next time, yinz crazy guys.....



8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers! Looks like your stitch group is lots of fun! I'd join you but it'd be a very long drive. ;o)

Mimi said...

I love the fall colors of thread, and the halloween buttons are the cutest!
Looks like a very wonderful cross-stitch group and store :D

Sally said...

Sounds like your stitching group is fantastic and what a wonderful store. How I wish we had one like that nearby.

Ranae said...

I am so jealous right now, lol
How lucky to have a store just 3 mins away too.
pretty Morning Glories

Veronica said...

Oh wow, wish I live near you. You ladies look like you're having so much fun. And the framed pieces in the store look gorgeous and tempting. I'll probably be drooling if I could see em up close and personal.

Beautiful morning glory too. Thanx for sharing the pictures.

Christy said...

I Love it when crafters get together and have a good time!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't wait until I can spill the beans!!

Meari said...

THAT looks like soooo much fun, Lucy! I wish we had stitching get-togethers like that around here.

Pretty flowers, too!

ollie1976 said...

That's awesome that you have that. Wish I could find a cross-stitching group down here in NC-always knitting/crocheting but no needlept/cross-stitching.
Those Morning Glories are absolutely beautiful.
-Jen