Kari from Dogwood Dreams tagged me.
Each play of this games starts with 6 weird things about themselves. I will then tag 6 people who will do the same as well as let them know they are tagged in their comments and tell them to read mine. Okay....There are so many weird things about me, it was really difficult to choose, but here goes:
1. It bugs the heck out of me to leave dirty dishes in the sink (or very few) when I leave the house or go to bed at night.
2. I can't stand to have papers, books, mail, etc...piled on tables unless they are neatly piled or better yet, not there at all. I will just make a nice pile then I feel better. Weird, eh?
3. Must go through the mail ASAP, sort, and file it. (do the same with my emails)
4. I always check the stove top and oven to be sure it's turned off before leaving the house or going to bed whether I've used it or not.
5. Must make my bed ASAP after getting up....even in a hotel room on vacation.
6. Have an uncanny knack of remembering where things have been put or filed at home or at work. (aka "finder of all lost things"). I cannot remember numbers (phone numbers, etc..) to the point of frustration sometimes.....I'm talking from one minute to the next.
The funny part about all these weird things is that I pretty much know what has caused each of them. There are some other weird things about me....but I'm only allowed six, so I'll save them for next time.
I think I'm gonna take the route of Sue at Good Yarns and tell yinz guys that if you wanna do this one, go for it! No pressure! I've seen this on alot of blogs so I'm not sure who has done it already and who hasn't....I don't think I had done it unless I did it long time ago.
Okay...next on the agenda another Project Linus blanket....
I used TLC Amore on this one. Gave it a different look on the edge but it was difficult to see the stitches as I was doing them so I sorta guessed. But it turned out okay. My coordinator for Project Linus asked me to do 12 fleece blanket edgings. She would supply the fleece and I would the yarn. I said heck yeah!!! She dropped off a huge bag for me yesterday. I haven't gone through it all yet, but I'm anxious to see what yarn I have to match it. Definately will show pics as I finish them up. These are so easy to do with the skip stitch tool for a 45mm rotary cutter. If you want one of your own, just email email@example.com for more info. I think they are about $10 plus shipping. (don't quote me on that).
Next, a little more progress on my Britty Dog ornament. And "NO" that isn't a little poopy coming out of his butt....it's the beginning of the Christmas Stocking that will hang on his tail...but you knew that already...right?????
I know I said it works up fast but I've been working on about three things at one time, so that's why it's not done yet. Been thinking about how I want to finish it now. I would like to try and make my own cording with floss to surround it and maybe a tassel. We'll see. I wanted to make stockings for everyone for next Christmas including the animals. I found the Britty Kitty Stocking and loved it and so I emailed Brittercup Designs to see if there was a Britty Puppy Stocking. They said as a matter of fact one will be available for sale in stores or online after February. So I ordered the Kitty one from my favorite Cross Stitch store in town (remember the one next to the bank....on pay day) and I'll wait for the Puppy after that. Those designs are so easy and so cute!!!
Okay, yinz guys...this is the last chance to comment, cause tomorrow is my BLOGIVERSARY!
I'll have the Sweetie Man draw a name tomorrow evening to give all you late readers a chance to comment on today's blog. So keep an eye out for the winner tomorrow evening! I still don't know the prize cause I want to sorta customize it to the winner!
So, till tomorrow, yinz crazy guys......stay warm!!!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Kari from Dogwood Dreams tagged me.