Friday, March 06, 2009

What the heck is an INCHIE???

Contrary to popular belief...not THIS....



THIS, however, is an INCHIE!


How cute is this and it's only 1" X 1 ".....It's mini art! I've never heard of these before. Another swap craze going on...or maybe it's been on and I just missed the boat. Check out more of her work HERE.
What an awesome way to use up just about anything little...teenie tiny masterpieces. (not to mention great for kids and their little fingers) My creativity is just hummin' with these....I'm itchin' to inchie! (say that three times!)
Just google "Inchie" under images and you will come up with "yards" of them (get it....inch...yard...never mind!)
Anyway, I do scrap book some and of course I love the Dotees.....now I can make use of all the leftovers from these projects!!! (I love to recycle...ask my niece) Not to mention using old cereal boxes that you've been saving the cardboard for (come on, you know you do that) and magazines that pile up. I just love looking at art of any kind....I think it releases "happy things" in my brain...what's left of it anyway.
To get you started....check out this TUTORIAL tho I'm sure there are quite a few more if you need one. I'm gonna get INCHIN this weekend and I'll let you know what I come up with...plus another Dotee is looming in my mind.
So, get your "feet" going and maybe do it in the "yard" with the warm weekend coming up, if you live in my area, and start "inchin"....till next time yinz crazy guys!




5 Comments:

Kare said...

I can't keep up with you and your craft trends!

Gaggle of Geisslers said...

Just what we all need, another craft! :) Good thing you got your new Otty with a magnifying glass!!

Tammy said...

Inchies rock! I've not done one, but I want to!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! So talented! This is my first time visiting your blog and I love it!
For some time I have been wanting to try my hand at the Dotee dolls but I am afraid to do it wrong!! are they supposed to be a certain height, width and/or shape? please enlighten me :)
Thank you in advance!
Sarita

Meari said...

OK, now that I know what an inchee is... What is a dotee??