Friday, September 05, 2008

Crazy Reese.....

I'd like to introduce you all to Reese E. Cup...he's my son and DIL's chocolate lab mix....he's slightly hyper but very smart. He's with us while my son and his wife are staying with us and going to school. (yes, you counted right..that makes 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 turtle and 1 dominant rabbit....

Why a dominate rabbit??? Well, yesterday my DIL told me that Reese enjoys playing with Otis, the rabbit. Rabbits, I guess, mark their territory also and yesterday decided to mark Reese who is quite a big larger than him. Reese, who is highly submissive...sank in defeat in the corner while Otis basically said.."I'm boss around this room!" Really funny..Reese is a sweetheart tho. Unfortunately, the other dogs boss him around big time!
Anyway, onto more crafty things...everyone is asking about that Scrabble cross stitch pattern....unfortunately, I searched and searched the internet and cannot find it again. As I said, I couldn't download it, thinking there was a virus or something attached to it, and hence, never saved the link. If I happen to run across it, I will definately post it...but it doesn't look too hopeful.
I also finally finished my first biscornu....I love these things. I'm trying to collect patterns on them and find quite a few for sale/download on creative poppy and patterns online sites. I love those sights where you can just pay and download...found alot of nice patterns...no postage/shipping fees!
Anyway, this is my first one...


This is a WIP that I shouldn't even be showing (spies...you know who you are with it being a penguin) but it is so adorable...I've actually got more done than this at this point in time. The picture doesn't not do it justice with the beautiful Krenik (spelling?) threads through it (actually I hate working with that thread but the results are gorgeous)Can you figure out what it is or where the pattern is from?
Well, that's it for now....it's Steeler Friday (Black and Gold Day in the City of Pittsburgh) so it's something to start looking forward to now! With that said....have a great weekend, till next time, yinz crazy guys!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...wonder who it could be for:)

Ranae said...

Reese is beautiful.
And your first biscornu is fabulous. They are so addicting.
Cute penguin.

ollie1976 said...

Reese is adorable....Now where's Eros and the rest of the clan? :)
-Jen

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a great biscornu!!! I love the button, its adorable and perfect!

Sally said...

What a brilliant first biscornu Lucy! I love it!

Reese is co cute!

Darlene said...

How funny is it that your rabbit dominates the dog? (sorry, maybe it's not so funny for the dog....)


I don't mean to sound unintelligent here, as I'm a bit crafty retarded, but, what exactly is a biscornu? I mean, it's VERY pretty, but I have no idea what it is.

Sue said...

Gorgeous biscornu. I can't believe it's your first one, you did a superb job on it ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cute name for a cute puppy. Very clever. Hey nice WiPs !

StitchLuva and Yarn said...

wow, those nails are wild. i like them!