Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Baby Shower....

As promised, PICTURES! As you know, my lovely niece and her hubby are having a little one in exactly one month from today...if Baby G is on time! Anyway I did manage to get presents there on time for the shower....not that I didn't work frantically in the hotel room prior....

I do work better under pressure tho!
Once finished, I donned my Baby G shirt (that I made of course) and headed off to look for the baby shower with mapquest directions in hand.

First off, I had to bring an authentic Pittsburgh T-shirt so Baby G knows where Great Aunt Lu lives....
Second, was the cross stitch pillow for "Baby G and Mommy......


Here, my lovely glowing niece shows off the ripple baby afghan I crocheted....
And the matching booties....every baby should have a choice of booty colors!
Just for the record, we don't know if Baby G is a girl or a boy, but I certainly will let you know when Baby G makes her/his arrival.
We're camping this weekend for the last time this year...the leaves are falling and starting to change and the sky is a clear blue. The best part is that the temps are perfect...not too hot, not too cold either. We're staying in a little trailer this time that the camp rents...it's adorable....I want one!!!!! Maybe when we retire, who knows!
Well, that's about it for now....I finally finished my intense wedding cross stitch that I've been showing you on and off....I'm hoping to frame it this week, take pics for yinz, then send it off to the recepients...finally!
So, enjoy your weekend and take a moment out of your day and check out the awesome fall colors (if you have them)....till next time, yinz crazy guys.....

9 Comments:

Mimi said...

Cute, cute, cute, Lucy!
I love your baby shower gifts, esp. the x-stitch pillows.
Can't wait to see baby pics ;)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the presents ya got for the baby! And hope you enjoyed the camping trip! huggles!

Anonymous said...

Lucy all of your projects are adorable, you did a great job with them, I love the booties.

Andrea

Ranae said...

Hi! Lucy, You plum spoiled the baby with those hand-made gifts. They are fabulous.
Good Luck to your niece and her family,

ollie1976 said...

The baby gifts are adorable-great work!
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Everything is adorable! Love the t-shirts! You're a cool Auntie Lu.

Anonymous said...

Really adorable. Love your shirt! That rocks!

Jaye said...

Oh my Goodness, Auntie Lu! YOU SO ROCK!

That is one lucky little baby (and mommy-to-be), what with all the precious and wonderfully handmade-with-love gifts s/he is going to be welcomed into the world with. Awesome job!

Jewels said...

Beautiful baby gifts - I love all the colored booties.