Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Okay...now I'm MAD!!!

Don't worry...not at yinz guys....at myself! I have to go to the doc's every 6 months for a check up due to medicines I'm on.....things like high blood pressure, thyroid, etc.... Anyway, my blood pressure has been okay since the medicine but now it's going up again. (aren't having dogs supposed to LOWER your pressure????) Anyway, he was thinking about having me up the dose. Now, I don't mind taking medicines, and the pressure was just up a bit, but I really don't want to increase it. The Doc decided to wait another 6 months to see if it goes back to normal. We talked about a diet and exercise plan. What makes me mad is that everytime I go there thinking I'm fit as a fiddle, he finds something wrong! BLAH!!!! I'm also mad at myself for not taking care of this as I should!!! All this stuff runs in my family on my Dad's side and that's where I tend to side. My brother died of heart problems at the age of around 50. My Dad died of heart problems at the age of around 72. Their lifestyles were a bit different than mine as far as smoking and exercise but still the problems exist. I realized that I have to get MAD in order to stick to a program of any kind....so there you have it.
First, I did lose another 1/2 pound and hopefully with this new diet he gave me based really on the Diabetic Exchange Program (tho I'm not a diabetic...but everyone on my Dad's side of the family had it) I hope to lose steadily now.
I also found this site on Kari's blog.....The President's Challenge....I signed up for it and have been on it for two days...it really gives me motivation to keep up the walking...sorta like someone is checking on me. So, thanks, Kari, for finding this!
So, no pics today.....just health information! It's just so weird with high blood pressure tho...it really is a silent killer....you may feel great but you never know what's lurking underneath! So, do yourself a favor....get yours checked.....I want you all to be blogging for a long time to come!Till next time, yinz crazy guys.......

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to be of help! And will be glad to have you around and healthy for a long time to come!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! A pesky problem for sure. Hope things improve sooner vs later. {hugs}

Netter said...

I found out in Jan that I have high blood pressure too. It bites the big one. I reduced my salt intake, which was never that bad in the first place...started walking more, and the doc put me on medication that did little besides make me fell terrible. What did he do when I told him? He doubled my dose. ?? Yeah, I'm not going back to him, I'm switching doctors. I tried this increased dose but its bothering my stomach way to much...and I had an ulcer as a kid, so I don't need that again. Hang in there...no jinxing yourself at your next visit.

The Silver Thistle said...

We want you around and blogging for a long time too, so look after yourself :)

Well done on the weightloss!

Anonymous said...

My mom's blood pressure has been high and they've been trying all kinds of medicine to get it down. Listen to your doctor! You're the only one in this family that keeps me sane so you better be around for a long time.

Robin said...

Good job with the weight loss! Please keep yourself healthy because everyone wants you around for a long time. You keep me laughing and inspired. And hey anger is a very good thing because it gives us a good kick in the pants when we need it. Happy Administrative Professionals Day too!

Court said...

Great job with the weight loss. I hope it all gets straightened out for you. I am part of the Challenge too. Just like you said got to stick with it. Have a good rest of the week.

stitcherw said...

Sorry to hear that it is creeping back up again. High blood pressure is like my high cholesterol, it just keeps creeping up again the minute you start not paying strict attention to it. I hope you find something that works for you, and that isn't to hard to stick to.
Sue