Sunday, October 29, 2006

Only a face....

Only a face a mother could love......



Only a face a mother could love??????

Okay, the first one is Eros that cute puppy who actually still is a puppy but getting bigger everyday. He is a cutie and a good one at that!
The second is not so cute (not with this makeup on anyway)...but I still love him. It's my son in his Halloween costume.....okay,I'm not going to brag (yes I am) but I think I did a pretty good job as makeup artist. So good in fact, that some girls actually thought it was real (sorta makes you question the intelligence of today's college students when they think gashes in one's body are held together with safety pins...hopefully they weren't pre-med!) He's a cutie too underneath it all! My son started working at Starbucks last week (oh, yeah, coffee for MOM!). First he had no job and then he was offered two. (remember the Panera Bread one) He chose Starbucks (good boy)....seems to be a great company that really cares about their employees....and he looks good in green!

Oh, and my doc appoint went good except for a case of acne rosecea (adult acne sometimes occuring in pre-menopausal woman....I guess that would be me!) At first the doc thought it was contact dermatitis but since it didn't clear up he now thinks it's the acne thing. He gave me antibiotics and a topical gel that is drying the heck out of me....(don't expect any close up pics in the near future). Wish me luck!
And last but not least, this pic is my first try with knitting on circular needles....I think I posted the partial hat on straight needles but I didn't like it so I frogged it and attempted circular. It was supposed to be in my son's college colors but it was a little big for him so Sweetie Man said he would wear it. I did start another for my son in brown and smaller.

Well, that's about all for tonight. Have to do a little homework with the "kids" as tomorrow is puppy kindergarden. I think we aren't going to get as far as the other puppies as it is very difficult to do homework with two dogs and one older one watching the other two get treats. If we put them in separate rooms, they hear the "click" of the clicker and practically try to break the door down....being a MOM is tough! Anyway, till tomorrow, and another Manic Monday....tootles!

10 Comments:

ollie1976 said...

Eros is getting cuter and cuter! What a great job on the make-up-I had to do a double-take. And an awesome job on the hat!
-Jen

Christy said...

OMG I thought that was real on your son for a minute. All I could think of was him and the bike thing you have. Whew. Good job on the makeup!
What a cute pup-pup too!!

Andi said...

When you start to read your post you see this cute adorable puppy and then I paged down a little bit and saw your son and I about jumped out of my chair. LOL. Great costume! I love Starbucks too can we get extended family discounts?! CUTE HAT! I wonder what it would look like in the black and gold?? hmmm. Good Luck in puppy-garden!

LG said...

The puppy is really cute!
But that makeup is soooo scary!!!!!
Congrats on the hat, Lucy!

Anonymous said...

you did great on the makeup and I love the hat nice job Lucy.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a fantastic make up job! It looks so real and gory, ewww!

Starbucks, good choice! Yum. I must tell my son to apply for a job a Chipotle!!

Unknown said...

You son looks awesome. Great Job Lucy!! Mary would love your son too. She is a Starbucks junkie...LOL Hat looks great!!

Jaye said...

I sat here in shock wondering what on earth happened to your son before I could even read any further, LOL! Glad to know it was just an expert make-up job by mom and not some gruesome accident - whew! - you had me going there, Lucy.

Eros is a doll!
Wonderful job on the hat there ;)

Mimi said...

The dog is really cuter than your son, this time ;) What a good job on the make-up, Lucy! Though it does look scary...
And you did so well on the knitted hat too!

Darlene said...

WOW - you did an awesome job on your son's makeup! Holy smokes, it looks so gross!