Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The sock...almost!

I think this is one of the first days that I haven't picked up a paintbrush. I do have a little bit more to paint and I may have my sweetie man do a couple of areas when he comes home since he'll have a little vacation......like behind the fridge and stove.....let me tell you though...my house does not have normal straight walls like the more modern houses. Any of you that have a house that is very old....we're thinking mine is over 80 years old....you will know what I'm talking about. So if you are thinking...heck, if I were painting that kitchen, it would have been done in one day....I'd like to know your trick!

Anyway, I did manage to work on my sock a bit on my front porch cause the evening was so warm and beautiful. I'm working on the instep now. Here's what it looks like at this point. (check out that beautiful heel!)




I think my sock swap partner will get something else since this color isn't too exciting. But now that I know how basic sock knitting works...I think the next one will go alot quicker. I'll probably finish off this one sock and start her pair then finish the match to this one after that. I learned alot with this sock. So it's not perfect but I did learn out to fix things like dropped stitches and why I somehow picked up another stitch from somewhere. I also learned new stitches where when I started I knew only knit and purl and couldn't do them in the same row. But I gotta tell ya....I'm really hooked on this....it's fun! If you are patient and can pace yourself and teach yourself things (which I've done with most crafts if not all that I know) then definately go slow and try sock knitting! It's awesome! I don't know why...maybe it releases some special happy brain cells....but it is addicting!

Okay...off to bed and maybe ......shhhhh....a couple more rows of the sock before I turn in!

Till tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

The sock is looking good. Maybe after I get my afghan done I will give it a try. Probably not, but that sounded good. Get some rest or you may over do it. Take care!!

Kare said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I hear you - old houses and no straight wall to be found, argh! Ive been tackling that problem too these past days, and it was a nightmare - fingers crossed that you're done with it soon - and well, the result is certainly worth the hassle!
I love your sock by the way, such a nice color!

Anonymous said...

Painting always takes longer than expected, doesn't it?

The sock looks terrific! You're doing a great job learning to knit. :)