Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Right side or left side....

I am basically a right brained person according to this....check this out! (had this sent to me...I made a few notes of course)

This is bizarre-after you find the guy-it's so obvious. Once you find him-it's embarrassing, and you think, Why didn't I see him immediately?




Doctors have concluded that if you find the man in the coffe beans in 3 seconds, (which I did believe it or not) your right half of your brain is better developed than most people. (go figure cause I always think of myself as the typical dumb blonde....). If you find the man between 3 seconds and 1 minute, your right half of the brain is developed normally If you find the man between 1 minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and you need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes (switch to decaf...just kidding), the advise is to look for more of this type of exercise to make that part of the brain stronger!!! And, yes, the man is really there!

Cool, eh? Okay, then once I found this out I had to go to a website to learn more (must be that right brain working) Check this out for a cool quick quiz:
http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm
BUT this quiz said I use my left brain more.....now what's that about? That must mean I'm a GENIUS!!!!.....GO FIGURE!
Okay, now that you know a little more about yourself, ( and me ) so go back to your needlework. (and for those of you who saw a bunch of little men and only one coffee bean.....sorry, I'm not that certified to help you!)

Also, I've been behind on reading my comments...I'm sorry....I love you all and as I want to please everyone (there goes that left brain again) what would be the best way to answer everyone....you guys blog more than me, so give me some hints...or if I have any questions for you. Is is better to answer on your blog, my blog, my comments, or just email you? What's a blogger to do? (remember...you are my teachers....I am the student)
As for my new background on my blog, I went to http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/ said a short prayer to my blog angel, saved my entire blog template in my documents on my computer, then just looked to see what it was that I needed to replace. I kept comparing my old blog with the new html code that the site gave me. I did it sorta hit and miss style but I knew that with the backup of my entire template, I could always go back to what I had. Now I am postive there is a MUCH easier way to do that....I am so new at this, I just kept studying and trying to figure out how things worked (left brain or is that right brain).
Also, thank you for all the wonderful comments on my pictures and stuff. You guys are great. Okay...tomorrow....full details on my gyny appointment...just kidding....I may tell you about my theory on how not to have a long wait in the waiting room though....hasta manana!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just wandering through some of the Project Spectrum sites. I love your background, especially the sunflowers on the left. It's a cheery looking site.

Anonymous said...

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried pifitully for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited his neighbors to come over and help him. They each grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer looked down the well, and he was astonished at what he saw. As each shovel of dift hit his back, the donkey did something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, to everyone's surprise, the donkey stepped over the edge of the well and trotted off.

The moral: Life is going to shovel dirt on you -- all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the pit is to skake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest pit just by never stopping, never giving up. Just shake it off and take a step up! Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred
2. Free your mind from worries
3. Live simple
4. Give more
5 Expect less

O.K., that's enough of that BS. The donkey later came back, caught the farmer out in the field and kicked the crap out of him. Then he went over to each of his neighbors' farms and kicked the crap out of them, too, for helping.

The REAL moral: When you try to cover your ass, it always comes back to haunt you.

By the way, I guess you're a bit brainier than I am. It took me about 10 seconds to find the guy. But, then again, I hadn't had my coffee yet!

Anonymous said...

I found the guy in about 5 seconds, I guess my right brain is functioning a teeny bit better than normal. :)

I asked that same blog comment question over at C'ville and got all sorts of answers. Some people leave response to a comment at their own blog, like I do and some leave a comment at the commenters blog. Some people send an email respose back but I think you have to have Haloscan for that, which I don't.

So it's up to you but I always say a comment to a regular commenter in whatever form is the most polite thing to do. Nothing worse than de-lurking, leaving a comment and then never hearing back a thing no matter what way you choose to do it. (I'm not ragging on you, everyone gets busy!) It seems to me that is what blogging is all about; self-expression and communication.

Anonymous said...

Off topic: Knitting -- when I took a knitting lesson, the lady told me to bring the yarn 'up over the goal posts', meaning the needles, when switching from knit to purl and vice versa. So if you've just done a knit stitch, you'll be bringing the yarn from the back to the front before you do the purl stitch. Same thing but front to back for the switch from purl to knit.

And that's about as fancy as I get with knitting for now! Hope that explanation was somewhat helpful. :)